|Anti-Human EGFR Therapeutic Antibody (HuMax-EGFr)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to EGFR. Zalutumumab (proposed trade name HuMax-EGFr) is a fully human IgG1 monoclonal antibody (mAb) directed towards the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFr). the Netherlands. Specifically, zalutumumab is designed for the treatment of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN), a type of cancer. The current treatment for SCCHN includes tyrosine kinase inhibitors and human monoclonal antibodies. In addition, murine mAbs were tested successfully in mice, but caused an immune response in humans and were thus determined as ineffective in therapeutics.
- IgG1 - kappa
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- Suitable for use in FuncS, IF, Neut, ELISA, FC, IP, IHC and most other immunological methods.
- Trade name
- Tested positive against native human antigen.
- Protein Construction
- Immunoglobulin G1, anti-(human epidermal growth factor receptor)(human monoclonal 3G9 heavy chain), disulfide with human monoclonal 3G9 kappa-chain, dimer
- Predicted N terminal
- H chain: QVQLVES; L chain: AIQLTQS
- Molecular Weight
- >95.0% as determined by analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Antigen Description
- Receptor for EGF, but also for other members of the EGF family, as TGF-alpha, amphiregulin, betacellulin, heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor, GP30 and vaccinia virus growth factor. Is involved in the control of cell growth and differentiation. Phosphorylates MUC1 in breast cancer cells and increases the interaction of MUC1 with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Isoform 2 may act as an antaggedonist of EGF action.
- ATP binding; MAPK/ERK kinase kinase activity; actin filament binding; double-stranded DNA binding; enzyme binding; epidermal growth factor-activated receptor activity; epidermal growth factor-activated receptor activity; identical protein binding; contrib
- Gene ID
- EGFR; epidermal growth factor receptor; epidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog) , ERBB; ERBB1; erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog (avian); proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1; cell growth inhibiting protein 40; cell proliferation-inducing protein 61; receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1; avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog; ERBB; HER1; mENA; PIG61;
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us