|Anti-Human IL12+IL23 Therapeutic Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to IL12+IL23. Briakinumab (ABT-874) is a human monoclonal antibody for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, and multiple sclerosis. As of 2011 drug development for psoriasis has been discontinued in the U.S. and Europe. Like ustekinumab, the antibody targets the interleukins 12 and 23.
- IgG1 - lambda
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- Suitable for use in IF, IP, Neut, FuncS, ELISA, FC, ICC and most other immunological methods.
- Tested positive against native human antigen.
- Protein Construction
- Immunoglobulin G1-lambda, anti-[Homo sapiens interleukin 12 beta subunit], Homo sapiens monoclonal antibody; gamma1 heavy chain (1-445) [Homo sapiens VH (IGHV3-30*02 (99.00%) -(IGHD)-IGHJ3*01) [8.8.8] (1-115) –IGHG1*03 R120>K (116-445)], (218-216")-disulfide with lambda light chain (1"-217")[Homo sapiens V-LAMBDA (IGLV1-44*01 (88.20%) –IGLJ2*01G120>T) [8.3.12] (1"-111"
- Predicted N terminal
- H chain: QVQLVES; L chain: QSVLTQP
- >95.0% as determined by analysis by RP-HPLC.
- Store at -20°C. Avoid multiple freeze/thaw cycles.
- Interleukin 12 is a disulfide-linked heterodimer composed of the 40 kD cytokine receptor like subunit encoded by this gene, and a 35 kD subunit encoded by IL12A. This cytokine is expressed by activated macrophages that serve as an essential inducer of Th1 cells development. This cytokine has been found to be important for sustaining a sufficient number of memory/effector Th1 cells to mediate long-term protection to an intracellular pathogen. Overexpression of this gene was observed in the central nervous system of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS), suggesting a role of this cytokine in the pathogenesis of the disease. The promoter polymorphism of this gene has been reported to be associated with the severity of atopic and non-atopic asthma in children.
IL23 is composed of this protein and the p40 subunit of interleukin 12 (IL12B). The receptor of IL23 is formed by the beta 1 subunit of IL12 (IL12RB1) and an IL23 specific subunit, IL23R. Both IL23 and IL12 can activate the transcription activator STAT4, and stimulate the production of interferon-gamma (IFNG). In contrast to IL12, which acts mainly on naive CD4(+) T cells, IL23 preferentially acts on memory CD4(+) T cells.
- Antigen Description
- Cytokine that can act as a growth factor for activated T and NK cells, enhance the lytic activity of NK/lymphokine-activated Killer cells, and stimulate the production of IFN-gamma by resting PBMC.
- IL12B; interleukin 12B (natural killer cell stimulatory factor 2, cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 2, p40); NKSF2; interleukin-12 subunit beta; CLMF; CLMF2; cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 2; p40; IL 12B; IL12; subunit p40; interleukin 12; interleukin 12 beta chain; natural killer cell stimulatory factor; 40 kD subunit; natural killer cell stimulatory factor 2; NKSF; CLMF p40; IL-12 subunit p40; IL12, subunit p40; interleukin 12, p40; interleukin-12 beta chain; NK cell stimulatory factor chain 2; cytotoxic lymphocyte maturation factor 40 kDa subunit; natural killer cell stimulatory factor, 40 kD subunit; IL-12B; P19; SGRF; IL-23; IL-23A; IL23P19; IL23A; interleukin 23, alpha subunit p19; interleukin-23 subunit alpha; IL-23-A; IL-23p19; IL-23 subunit alpha; interleukin 23 p19 subunit; interleukin-23 subunit p19; JKA3 induced upon T-cell activation; interleukin-six, G-CSF related factor;
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us