Anti-IgA Protein A Scaffold
|Anti-Human IgA Protein A scaffold
- Product Overview
- The Anti-IgA Protein A Scaffold molecule was selected against human IgA. Cross reactivity with other species has not been tested. The Anti-IgA Protein A Scaffold molecule is an ideal affinity ligand as capture reagent in ELISA and as capture molecule in affinity chromatography. The Anti-IgA Protein A Scaffold molecule is modified with a unique C-terminal cysteine for directed single-point chemical modification, facilitating coupling to matrices.
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- E. coli
- Affinity Chromatography, ELISA.
- Anti-IgA Protein A scaffold molecule binds to human IgA. Cross reactivity with other species has not been tested.
- Molecular Weight
- 13.7 kDa
- At +4°C is recommended for lyophilized protein. For reconstituted protein in physiological buffer, short-term storage at +4°C is recommended. For long-term storage, the protein solution should first be aliquoted and stored frozen at -20°C.
There is no dec
- Immunoglobulin A (IgA) is an antibody that plays a critical role in mucosal immunity. More IgA is produced in mucosal linings than all other types of antibody combined; between three and five grams are secreted into the intestinal lumen each day. This acc
- Antigen Description
- Human IgA (immunoglobulin A) is a glycosylated protein of 160 kDa and is produced as a monomer or as a J-chain linked dimer. Monomeric IgA constitutes 5-15 % of the serum immunoglobulins whereas dimeric IgA is localized to mucosa surfaces such as saliva, gastrointestinal secretion, bronchial fluids and milk. Mucosal IgA plays a major role in host defence by neutralising infectious agents at mucosal surfaces. The production is usually local and antigen specific IgA producing B-cells can be found in regions under the lamina propria where they mature into dimeric IgA producing plasma cells. IgA deficiency is the most common immunodeficiency that may affect both serum and mucosal produced IgA.
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us