Anti-TNF Protein A Scaffold, Agarose-Immobilized
|Anti-Human TNF-α Protein A scaffold, Agarose-Immobilized
- Product Overview
- The Anti-TNF-α Protein A Scaffold molecule was selected against human TNF-α. The molecule is immobilized on agarose at the unique C-terminal cysteine. The Agarose-Immobilized Anti-TNF-α Protein A Scaffold molecule is excellent for immunoprecipitation studies of TNF-α present in cell extracts or other solutions that contain TNF-α proteins. In addition, the Anti-TNF-α Protein A Scaffold molecule may also be used for affinity chromatography.
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- E. coli
- Anti-TNF-α Protein A scaffold molecule binds to human cytokine tumor necrosis factor α, TNF-α. Cross reactivity with other species has not been tested.
- Molecular Weight
- 13.7 kDa
- At +4°C. Avoid freezing. There is no decrease in performance of the Agarose-Immobilized Protein A Scaffold molecule after storage for 2 weeks at +37°C.
- Antigen Description
- Human TNF-α (Tumour Necrosis Factor-alpha) is a nonglycosylated protein of 17 kD belonging to the TNF superfamily of cytokines. TNF-α is produced by activated macrophages and Tlymphocyte and forms trimers spontaneously. TNF-α shows a wide spectrum of biological activities that are mediated by binding to TNFRI and TNFRII receptors. Besides causing cytolysis and cytostasis of many tumour cell lines in vitro, TNF-α has an important role in host defences against pathogens. However, excess TNF-α seen in sepsis and diseases of autoimmune character, has severe pathological consequences and the neutralisation of TNF-α has been a successful treatment procedure for rheumatoid arthritis.
- cytokine activity; identical protein binding; protease binding; protein binding; transcription regulatory region DNA binding; tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- Gene ID
- DIF; TNFA; TNFSF2; TNF-alpha; tumor necrosis factor; APC1 protein; Cachectin; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; TNF, macrophage-derived; Differentiation inducing factor; Macrophage cytotoxic factor; MCF; Necrosin; TNFalpha; TNF Monocyte Derived; TNF Superfamily Member 2; TNF superfamily, member 2; TNF, monocyte derived; TNFA; Tumor necrosis factor alpha; Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2; Tumor Necrosis Factor Precursor; Tumor necrosis factor, soluble form; Tumour Necrosis Factor Alpha
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us