Anti-Amyloid Beta Single Domain Antibody
|Recombinant Anti-Human Amyloid Beta Single Domain Antibody
- Amyloid Beta
- llama VHH
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- Tested positive against native human antigen.
- At -20°C for one year.
- Antigen Description
- Amyloid-beta (Aβ or Abeta) denotes peptides of 36-43 amino acids that are crucially involved in Alzheimer's disease as the main component of the amyloid plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer patients. The peptides result from the amyloid precursor protein (APP), which is being cut by certain enzymes to yield Aβ. Aβ molecules can aggregate to form flexible soluble oligomers which may exist in several forms. It is now believed that certain misfolded oligomers (known as "seeds") can induce other Aβ molecules to also take the misfolded oligomeric form, leading to a chain reaction akin to a prion infection. The seeds or the resulting amyloid plaques are toxic to nerve cells. The other protein implicated in Alzheimer's disease, tau protein, also forms such prion-like misfolded oligomers, and there is some evidence that misfolded Aβ can induce tau to misfold.
- DNA binding; PTB domain binding; acetylcholine receptor binding; enzyme binding; growth factor receptor binding; heparin binding; identical protein binding; peptidase activator activity; protein binding; receptor binding; serine-type endopeptidase inhibitor activity; transition metal ion binding.
- Gene ID
- amyloid beta (A4) precursor protein; App; Ag; Abpp; Adap; Cvap; Abeta; betaApp; E030013M08Rik; amyloid beta A4 protein; appican; protease nexin II; amyloidogenic glycoprotein; alzheimer disease amyloid A4 protein homolog; AAA; AD1; PN2; ABPP; APPI; CVAP; ABETA; PN-II; CTFgamma; amyloid beta A4 protein; preA4; protease nexin-II; peptidase nexin-II; beta-amyloid peptide; beta-amyloid peptide(1-40); beta-amyloid peptide(1-42); alzheimer disease amyloid protein; cerebral vascular amyloid peptide
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us