|Recombinant Anti-Human tfrc Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Mouse Antibody is specific to Human TFRC, expressed in Chinese Hamster Ovary cells(CHO)
- Tissue / cell preparation (Human). (KG1 acute myelogenous leukaemia cell line).
- Species Reactivity
- Expression Host
- Suitable for use in WB, ELISA, IP, FC, FuncS, Neut and most other immunological methods.
- Tested positive against native antigen.
- >95.0%, determined by analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
- Antigen Description
- Cellular uptake of iron occurs via receptor-mediated endocytosis of ligand-occupied transferrin receptor into specialized endosomes. Endosomal acidification leads to iron release. The apotransferrin-receptor complex is then recycled to the cell surface with a return to neutral pH and the concomitant loss of affinity of apotransferrin for its receptor. Transferrin receptor is necessary for development of erythrocytes and the nervous system (By similarity). A second ligand, the heditary hemochromatosis protein HFE, competes for binding with transferrin for an overlapping C-terminal binding site.
- Hsp70 protein binding; chaperone binding; peptidase activity; receptor activity; transferrin receptor activity;
- Gene ID
- TFRC; transferrin receptor (p90, CD71); transferrin receptor protein 1; CD71; TFR1; T9; TR; TFR; p90; TRFR
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us