Recombinant Human B Cell Activating Factor
|Recombinant Human B Cell Activating Factor
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human B Cell Activating Factor produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 153 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 17KDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The activity is determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of IL-8 production by human PBMC. The ED50 for this effect is less than 10ng/ml.
- 1EU/Less thang of rHuBLys as determined by LAL method.
- >95% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1jh5.
- Antigen Description
- B-cell activating factor (BlyS), also known as BAFF,TALL-1, TNAK, and zTNF4, is a TNF ligand superfamily member and has been designated TNFSF13B. Produced by macrophages, dendritic cells, and T lymphocytes, BAFF,promotes the survival of B cells and is essential for B cell maturation. BAFF binds to three TNF receptor superfamily members: B-cell maturation antigen (BCMA/TNFRSF17), transmembrane activator and calcium-modulator and cyclophilin ligand interactor (TACI/TNFRSF13B) andBAFF receptor (BAFF R/BR3/TNFRSF 13C). These receptors are type III transmembrane proteins that lack a signal peptide. Whereas TACI and BCMA bind BAFF and another TNF superfamily ligand, APRIL(a proliferation-inducing ligand), BAFF R selectively binds BAFF.
- cytokine activity, tumor necrosis factor receptor binding.
- Gene ID
- BAFF; BLYS; CD257; DTL; TALL-1; TALL1; THANK; TNFSF20; ZTNF4; ApoL related ligand TALL-1; B lymphocyte stimulator; CD257 antigen; Dendritic cell- derived TNF-like molecule; TNF and ApoL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 1; tumor necrosis factor-like protein ZTNF4; ApoL related ligand TALL-1; B cell-activating factor; B-cell activating factor; B-lymphocyte stimulator; TNF homolog that activates apoptosis; Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13B; delta BAFF; dendritic cell-derived TNF-like molecule; tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily; member 13b; tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily; member 20
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us