Recombinant Human Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor
|Recombinant Human Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Glial Cell Line-Derived Neurotrophic Factor produced in E. coli has a molecular mass of approximately 15.2 KDa.
- >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- Store at -80°C. Best use within three months from the date of receipt of this protein. Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
PDB rendering based on 1ivo.
- Antigen Description
- Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) is a neurotrophic factor that is a member of the TGF-β superfamily. GDNF is founding member of the GDNF family of ligands, which to date include GDNF, neurturin (NTN), persephin (PSP) and artemin (ART). GDNF is a glycosylated disulfide-linked homodimeric protein of approximately 15 kDa. Mature rat and human GDNF share 93% sequence homology, with strong species cross-reactivity. GDNF promotes survival of various neuronal cells in central and peripheral nervous systems and different stages of development, including motoneurons, midbrain dopaminergic neurons, Purkinje cells and sympathetic neurons. Cells known to express GDNF include Sertoli cells, type 1 astrocytes, Schwann cells, neurons, pinealocytes and skeletal muscle cells. In addition,exogenously applied GDNF has been shown to rescue damaged facial motor neurons in vivo. Glial cell-derived neurotrophic factor is expressed in E. coli.
- growth factor activity, protein homodimerization activity
- Gene ID
- ATF1; ATF2; HFB1-GDNF; ATF;hGDNF; Astrocyte- derived trophic factor; Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor precursor; astrocyte-derived trophic factor; glial cell derived neurotrophic factor; glial cell line derived neurotrophic factor; glial derived neurotrophic factor
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us