Recombinant Human Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor
|Recombinant Human Granulocyte Macrophage Colony Stimulating Factor
- Product Overview
- GM-CSF is a highly purified protein with a molecular weight of approximately 14kDa. It contains 123 amino acids residues. The protein is produced by recombinant DNA technology using a genetically engineered E. coli strain containing the human GM-CSF gene.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of the proliferation of human TF-1 cells (human erythroleukemic indicator cell line) is less than 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 1.0 x 107 IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.03ng/ug (0.03IEU/ug) determined by LAL test.
- >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC.
- Lyophilized rHuGM-CSF although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution rHuGM-CSF should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuGM-CSF in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions
PDB rendering based on 2gmf
- Antigen Description
- GM-CSF was initially characterized as a growth factor that can support the in vitro colony formation of granulocyte-macrophage progenitors. Besides granulocyte-macrophage progenitors, GM-CSF is also a growth factor for erythroid, megakaryocyte and eosinophil progenitors. On mature hematopoietic, monocytes/ macrophages and eosinophils. GM-CSF has a functional role on non-hematopoitic cells. It can induce human endothelial cells to migrate and proliferate. Additionally, GM-CSF can also stimulate the proliferation of a number of tumor cell lines, including osteogenic sarcoma, carcinoma and adenocarcinoma cell lines.
- cytokine activity; granulocyte macrophage colony-stimulating factor; receptor binding
- Gene ID
- GMCSF, MGC131935, MGC138897; CSF; GM-CSF; Molgramostin; Sargramostim; Colony-stimulating factor; Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor precursor; colony stimulating factor 2; colony stimulating factor 2 (granulocyte-macrophage); MGI-1GM; Pluripoietin-alpha; macrophage-granulocyte inducer-1GM; HCSF; NIF-T; LBGF; CSF-alpha; CSF-beta; GM-CSA; KM102-BPA; KTGF
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us