Recombinant Human Interferon-gamma
|Recombinant Human Interferon-gamma
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Interferon gamma produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 144 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 16879 Dalton.
- The specific activity as determined in a viral resistance assay using VSV-WISH cells was found to be greater than 1.5 x 107 IU/ mg.
- Less than 1ng/ug (1IEU/ug) determined by LAL test.
- >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC.
- Lyophilized rHuIFN-gamma although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution rHuIFN-gamma should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuIFN-gamma in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Available structures: 1eku, 1fg9, 1fyh, 1hig
- Antigen Description
- The major interferon produced by mitogenically or antigenically stimulated lymphocytes. It is structurally different from type I interferon and its major activity is immunoregulation. It has been implicated in the expression of class II histocompatibility antigens in cells that do not normally produce them, leading to autoimmune disease. Interferon gamma is produced mainly by T-cells and natural killer cells activated by antigens, mitogens, or alloantigens. It is produced by lymphocytes expressing the surface antigens CD4 and CD8. The synthesis of IFN-gamma is induced, among other things, by Interleukin-2, FGF-basic, and EGF.
- cytokine activity; interferon-gamma receptor binding
- Gene ID
- IFG; IFI, Immune interferon, type II interferon, T cell interferon, MAF, , IFN-gamma, Interferon gamma; Interferon gamma precursor; interferon, gamma
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us