Recombinant Human Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist
|Recombinant Human Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human IL-1RN produced in E. coli is a non-glycosylated, N-terminal methionyl form of the human naturally-occurring polypeptide chain containing 153 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 17258 Dalton.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant inhibition of IL-1 stimulation of D10S cells was found to be 0.5 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 2.0 x 106 IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/ug (1IEU/ug) of IL-1RN.
- >95% as determined by RP-HPLC, FPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized rHuIL-1RN although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution rHuIL-1RN should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuIL-1RN in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Antigen Description
- Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RN) is a member of the IL-1 family. Endogenous IL-1RN is produced in numerous animal disease models as well as in human autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases. It binds to IL-1 receptors in competition with IL-1, but does not elicit intracellular response from this binding. Its role in counteracting the proinflammatory effects of IL-1 is being studied by numerous research groups.
- interleukin-1 receptor antagonist activity; protein binding activity
- Gene ID
- ICIL-1RA, IL-1ra3, IL1F3, IL1RA, IRAP, RAP, IL1 inhibitor, MGC10430;IL-1ra,IL-1RN, Anakinra, Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein; IL1 inhibitor; IL1RN (IL1F3); Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist protein precursor; intracellular IL-1 receptor antagonist type II; intracellular interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (icIL-1ra); type II interleukin-1 receptor antagonist
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us