Recombinant Human Interleukin-2 Variant
|Recombinant Human Interleukin-2 Variant
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Interleukin-2 Variant produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 134 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 15 KDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of murine CTLL-2 cells is less than 0.1 ng/ml.
- Less than 1EU/μg of rHuIL-2 Variant as determined by LAL method.
- >97% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
Human Interleukin 2 crystal structure.
- Antigen Description
- Interleukin 2 is a protein that has a variety of immunologic functions, the most notable being the ability of IL-2 to promote the proliferation and maturation of activated T cells. A comparison of the amino acid sequences of human and murine IL-2 shows an approximately 60% sequence similarity, and human sequence IL-2 has been found to be active on murine cell lines.
- interleukin-2 receptor, kinase activator activity.
- Gene ID
- IL-2; TCGF; lymphokine; Aldesleukin; lymphokine; T cell growth factor; aldesleukin; interleukin-2; involved in regulation of T-cell clonal expansion; Interleukin-2 precursor; T cell growth factor; interleukin 2; involved in regulation of T-cell clonal expansion
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us