Recombinant Human Interleukin-2
|Recombinant Human Interleukin-2
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human interleukin-2 is a highly purified protein with a molecular weight of approximately 15,300 Daltons. The chemical name is des-alanyl-1, serine-125 human interleukin-2. It is produced by recombinant DNA technology using a genetically engineered E. coli strain containing an analog of the human interleukin-2 gene. Genetic engineering techniques were used to modify the human IL-2 gene, and the resulting expression clone encodes a modified human IL-2. This recombinant form differs from native interleukin-2 in following ways: 1) it is not glycosylated; 2) the molecule has no N-terminal alanine; 3) the molecule has serine substituted for cysteine at amino acid position 125; 4) the aggregation state of molecule is likely to be different from that of native IL-2.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of murine CTLL-2 cells is less than 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 1.0 x 107 IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/ug (0.1IEU/ug) determined by LAL test.
- >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC.
- Lyophilized BMP2 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution BMP2 should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuIL-2 in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Human Interleukin 2 crystal structure
- Antigen Description
- In vitro studies performed on human cell lines demonstrate the immunoregulatory properties of IL-2 including: 1) enhancement of lymphocyte mitogenesis and stimulation of long-term growth of human IL-2 dependent edll lines; 2) enhancement of lymphocyte cytotoxicity; 3) induction of killer cell (lymphokine-activated (LAK) and natural (NK)) activity; 4) dnduction of interferon-gamma production.
- interleukin-2 receptor binding; kinase activator activity
- Gene ID
- IL-2; TCGF; lymphokine; T-cell growth factor; Aldesleukin, Interleukin-2; interleukin-2 precursor; involved in regulation of T-cell clonal expansion
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us