Recombinant Human Interleukin-6
|Recombinant Human Interleukin-6
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human IL-6 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 185 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 21.0 kDa.
- rHuIL-6 is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of human TF-1 cells is less than 0.1 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 5.0 x 107 IU/mg.
- Less than 0.3ng/ug (0.3IEU/ug) determined by LAL test.
- >98% by SDS-PAGE, FPLC and RP-HPLC.
- Lyophilized rHuIL-6 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution rHuIL-6 should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuIL-6 in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1ALU.
- Antigen Description
- Interleukin (IL)-6 is an important proinflammatory and immunoregulatory cytokine expressed by various cells. Interleukin-6 has been shown to inhibit the growth of early stage and to promote the proliferation of advanced stage melanoma cells in vitro.
- Cytokine activity, Interleukin-6 receptor binding, Protein binding
- Gene ID
- HGF; BSF2; HSF; IFNB2; IL-6; CDF; BSF-2; B-cell stimulatory factor 2; CTL differentiation factor; Hybridoma growth factor; Interferon beta-2; Interleukin-6 precursor; interleukin 6 (interferon, beta 2)
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us