Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor-1
|Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor-1
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor-1 produced in E. coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 164 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 19.0 kDa.
- The biological activity was determined by the does-dependent stimulation of thymidine uptake by BaF3 cells expressing KGF receptors yielding an ED50 <10ng/ml.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rHuKGF-1 as determined by LAL method.
- >96% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1qqk.
- Antigen Description
- Keratinocyte Growth Factor-1 (KGF-1/FGF-7) is one of 23 known members of the FGF family. All FGFs have two conserved cysteine residues and share 30 - 50% sequence identity at the amino acid level. Proteins of this family play a central role during prenatal development and postnatal growth and regeneration of variety of tissues, by promoting cellular proliferation and differentiation. KGF-1/FG-7 is a mitogen factor specific for epithelial cells and keratinocytes and signals through FGFR 2b. KGF-1/FGF-7 plays a role in kidney and lung development, angiogenesis, and wound healing.
- growth factor activity
- Gene ID
- KGF; HBGF-7; FGF-7; Fibroblast growth factor 7; keratinocyte growth factor; Keratinocyte growth factor precursor; fibroblast growth factor 7 (keratinocyte growth factor)
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us