Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor-2
|Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor-2
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Keratinocye Growth Factor-2 produced in E. coli is a 170 amino acid residues consisting of Methionine and the mature human KGF-2 (amino acid residues 40–208) and having a molecular mass of approximately 19.3 kDa.
- The biological activity was determined by the does-dependent stimulation of thymidine uptake by BaF3 cells expressing FGF receptors yielding an ED50 <0.5ng/ml.
- Less than 1EU/μg of rHuKGF-2 as determined by LAL method.
- >96% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1qqk.
- Antigen Description
- KGF-2(also known as FGF-10) was originally identified from rat embryos by homology-based polymerase chain reaction. Human and mouse KGF-2 were subsequently cloned. The human KGF-2 cDNA encodes a 208 amino acid residue protein with a hydrophobic amino-terminal signal peptide. Human KGF-2 shares approximately 92% and 95% amino acid sequence identity with mouse and rat KGF-2, respectively. Among the FGF family members, KGF-2 is most closely related to FGF-7. The expression of KGF-2 transcripts has been shown to be most abundant in the embryo and adult lung. Recombinant KGF-2 preparations have been shown to be mitogenic for epithelial and epidermal cells but not fibroblasts. Based on its in vitro biological activities and in vivo expression pattern, KGF-2 has been proposed to play unique roles in the brain, in lung development, wound healing and limb bud formation.
- chemoattractant activity. fibroblast growth factor receptor binding. growth factor activity. heparin binding. protein binding
- Gene ID
- Fibroblast growth factor 10 precursor; Keratinocyte growth factor 2; produced by fibroblasts of urinary bladder lamina propria; fibroblast growth factor 10
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us