Recombinant Human Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 4 /CCL18
|Recombinant Human Macrophage Inflammatory Protein 4 /CCL18
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human MIP-4/CCL18 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 69 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 7.8 kDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. Determined by its ability to chemoattract human T lymphocytes using a concentration range of 1.0 -10.0 ng/ml.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rHuMIP-4/CCL18 as determined by LAL method.
- >97% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
- Antigen Description
- CCL18, is a novel CC chemokine that is highly homologous to MIP-1α (61% amino acid sequence identity). CCL18 cDNA encodes an 89 aa residue precursor protein with a 20 aa putative signal peptide that is cleaved to generate a 69 aa residue mature protein which lacks potential glycosylation sites. In vitro, CCL18 mRNA expression is induced in alternatively activated macrophages by Th2 cytokines such as IL-4, IL-10 and IL-13, and inhibited by IFN-γ. CCL18 mRNA is also expressed by GM-CSF/IL-4-induced monocyte-derived dendritic cells. In vivo, CCL18 is highly expressed in lung and placenta but is not expressed in epidermal Langerhans cells. Recombinant CCL18 has been shown to chemoattract naive T cells, but not monocytes or neutrophils.
- chemokine activity.
- Gene ID
- CKb7; PARC; AMAC1; DCCK1; MIP-4; AMAC-1; DC-CK1; SCYA18; CCL18_HUMAN; C-C motif chemokine 18 [Precursor]; Small-inducible cytokine A18;Macrophage inflammatory protein 4; ulmonary and activation-regulated chemokine;CC chemokine PARC;Alternative macrophage activation-associated CC chemokine 1; Dendritic cell chemokine 1.
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us