Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone 7-34
|Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone 7-34
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone 7-34 produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated Polypeptide chain containing 28 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 3380 Da.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The activity calculated by UMR106 cell/cAMP method corresponding to a specific activity of 1.0 x 104 Units/mg.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rHuPTH7-34 as determined by LAL method.
- >97% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at ≤20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1bwx.
- Antigen Description
- Polypeptide hormones secreted by the parathyroid glands, which promote release of calcium from bone to extracellular fluid by activating osteoblasts and inhibiting osteoclasts, indirectly promote increased intestinal absorption of calcium, and promote renal tubular reabsorption of calcium and increased renal excretion of phosphates. It is a major regulator of bone metabolism. Secretion of parathyroid hormone increases when the level of calcium in the extracellular fluid is low. Its action is opposed by calcitonin. PTH (7-34), which is a PTH/PTHrP receptor antagonist, can stimulate hair growth and epidermal proliferation in mice.
- hormone activity; parathyroid hormone receptor binding activity
- Gene ID
- parathormone; parathyrin; Parathyroid hormone precursor; parathyroid hormone
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us