Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone
|Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human PTH produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 84 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 9 kDa.
- rHuPTH is fully biologically active when compared to standards. The activity calculated by UMR106 cell/cAMP method corresponding to a specific activity of 1.0 x 104 IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.1 ng/ug (IEU/ug) of rHuPTH.
- >98% as determined by SDS-PAGE , RP-HPLC and FPLC.
- Lyophilized rHuPTH although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution rHuPTH should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuPTH in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1bwx.
- Antigen Description
- Parathyroid hormone is the most important endocrine regulator of calcium and phosphorus concentration in extracellular fluid. This hormone is secreted from cells of the parathyroid glands and finds its major target cells in bone and kidney. Another hormone, parathyroid hormone-related protein, binds to the same receptor as parathyroid hormone and has major effects on development. Like most other protein hormones, parathyroid hormone is synthesized as a preprohormone. After intracellular processing, the mature hormone is packaged within the Golgi into secretory vesicles, the secreted into blood by exocytosis. Parathyroid hormone is secreted as a linear protein of 84 amino acids.
- hormone activity; parathyroid hormone receptor binding activity
- Gene ID
- parathormone; parathyrin; Parathyroid hormone Precursor
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us