Recombinant Human Pegylated Interferon alpha-2b
|Recombinant Human Pegylated Interferon alpha-2b
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Interferon alpha-2b produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 165 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 19269 Dalton. Pegylated IFN alpha-2b is manufactured by attaching a 40KD NHS-mPEG to the primary amino acid of IFN alpha-2b.
- The specific activity as determined in a viral resistance assay using VSV-WISH cells was found to be 1.0 x 106IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.1 ng/ug (IEU/ug) of PEG-IFN alpha-2b.
- >98% as determined by SDS-PAGE , RP-HPLC and FPLC.
- Lyophilized PEG-IFN alpha-2b although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution PEG-IFN alpha-2b should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized PEG-IFN alpha-2b in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Antigen Description
- At least 23 different variants of IFN-alpha are known. The individual proteins have molecular masses between 19-26 kDa and consist of proteins with lengths of 156-166 and 172 amino acids. All IFN-alpha subtypes possess a common conserved sequence region between amino acid positions 115-151 while the amino-terminal ends are variable. Many IFN-alpha subtypes differ in their sequences at only one or two positions. Naturally occurring variants also include proteins truncated by 10 amino acids at the carboxy-terminal end.
- Interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
- Gene ID
- IFNA, INFA2, MGC125764, MGC125765, Leukocyte interferon, B cell interferon, Type I interferon, IFNA2, IFN-α 2a, Interferon alpha-A, LeIF A, Interferon alpha-2; Interferon alpha-2 Precursor.
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us