Recombinant Human SPARC
|Recombinant Human SPARC
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human SPARC produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 295 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 34.0 kDa.
- Less than 1EU/μg of rHuSPARC as determined by LAL method.
- >95% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1bmo. Available structures:1bmo, 1nub, 1sra
- Antigen Description
- SPARC, an acronym for “secreted protein, acidic and rich in cysteine”, is also known as osteonectin or BM-40. It is the founding member of a family of secreted matricellular proteins with similar domain structure. The 303 amino acid , 43 kDa protein contains a 17 aa signal sequence, an N-terminal acidic region that binds calcium, a follistatin domain containing Kazal-like sequences, and a C-terminal extracellular calcium (EC) binding domain with two EF-hand motifs . SPARC is produced by fibroblasts, capillary endothelial cells, platelets and macrophages,especially in areas of tissue morphogenesis and remodeling. SPARC shows context-specific effects, but generally inhibits adhesion, spreading and proliferation, and promotes collagen matrix formation. For endothelial cells,SPARC disrupts focal adhesions and binds and sequesters PDGF and VEGF. SPARC is abundantly expressed in bone, where it promotes osteoblast differentiation and inhibits adipogenesis.
- calcium ion binding; collagen binding; copper ion binding.
- Gene ID
- ON;BM-40;Osteonectin;Basement-membrane protein 40;Osteonectin (secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich);SPARC precursor;Secreted protein acidic and rich in cysteine;cysteine-rich protein;secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich (osteonectin). secreted protein, acidic, cysteine-rich (osteonectin); SPRC_HUMAN; SPARC [Precursor].
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us