Recombinant Human Ubiquitin Conjugating Enzyme 12 (His6-tagged)
|Recombinant Human Ubiquitin Conjugating Enzyme 12 (His6-tagged)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Ubiquitin Conjugating Enzyme 12 produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 216 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 25 kDa.
- Less than 1EU/μg of rHuUbcH12 as determined by LAL method.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1y8x. Available structures: 1y8x, 2nvu
- Antigen Description
- UbcH12 is functional in in vitro NEDDylation reactions. It has been shown to form a thioester linkage with NEDD8 in the presence of the NEDD8 activating enzyme complex Uba3/APP-BP1. APP-BP1 binds to the amyloid precursor protein (APP) carboxy terminal domain and is important in conjunction with Uba3 and UbcH12 in driving cells through the S to M checkpoint. It was demonstrated to be the E2 responsible for the NEDDylation of the Cul-1 component of the SCF(β-TRCP) complex which is important as the E3-ligase in the ubiquitinylation of IκBα. NEDDylation of Cul-1 is essential for conjugation and processing of NF-κB p105 by SCF(β-TRCP) following phosphorylation of the complex. A dominant negative form of UbcH12, previously demonstrated to sequester NEDD8 and inhibit its conjugation, inhibits both conjugation and processing of p105, which is alleviated by wild-type UbcH12.
- ligase activity;protein binding;ribosomal S6-glutamic acid ligase activity;ubiquitin-protein ligase activity;ubiquitin-protein ligase activity.
- Gene ID
- UBC12; hUbc12; UBC-RS2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2M (UBC12 homolog, yeast); ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2M (homologous to yeast UBC12); UBC12_HUMAN; UBE2M;NEDD8-conjugating enzyme Ubc12; EC6.3.2.-; NEDD8 protein ligase; NEDD8 carrier protein; ubiquitin carrier protein M; ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2M (UBC12 homolog, yeast); ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2M (homologous to yeast UBC12); ubiquitin-protein ligase M; yeast UBC12 homolog.
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us