Recombinant Mouse Growth Hormone
|Recombinant Mouse Growth Hormone
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Mouse Growth Hormone produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 191 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 22.0 kDa.
- Recombinant mouse growth hormone is fully biologically active when compared to standard human growth hormone which is 3 units/mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/μg (1 IEU/μg) determined by LAL test.
- >95% as determined by SEC-HPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized rmGH although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution rmGH should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rmGH in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1bas.
- Antigen Description
- GH is a member of the somatotropin / prolactin family of hormones which play an important role in growth control. The gene, along with four other related genes, is located at the growth hormone locus on chromosome 17 where they are interspersed in the same transcriptional orientation; an arrangement which is thought to have evolved by a series of gene duplications. The five genes share a remarkably high degree of sequence identity. Alternative splicing generates additional isoforms of each of the five growth hormones, leading to further diversity and potential for specialization. This particular family member is expressed in the pituitary but not in placental tissue as is the case for the other four genes in the growth hormone locus. Mutations in or deletions of the gene lead to growth hormone deficiency and short stature.
- growth hormone receptor binding; hormone activity
- Gene ID
- RP23-418O11.6, GH1, GHN, GH-N, hGH-N, Pituitary growth hormone, Growth hormone 1, Somatotropin, Somatotropin Precursor
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us