Recombinant Mouse Interleukin-1 Alpha
|Recombinant Mouse Interleukin-1 Alpha
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Mouse IL-1 alpha produced in E. coli is a non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 156 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 18000 Dalton.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of mouse D10S cells was found to be less than 0.01 ng/ml, corresponding to a Specific Activity of 1.0 x 108IU/mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) of IL-1α.
- >98% as determined by RP-HPLC, FPLC and SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized rmIL-1α although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18°C. Upon reconstitution rmIL-1α should be stored at 4°C between 2-7 days and for future use below -18°C. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rmIL-1α in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
Crystal structure of IL-1a (PDB2ILA).
- Antigen Description
- IL-1α is distinct from the other agonist member of the IL-1 family, IL-1β. Although IL-1α triggers the same IL-1 receptor and although many of the biological effects of IL-1α are similar to those of IL-1α, in humans IL-1α is predominantly an intracellular molecule. In fact, there is evidence that IL-1α has both intracellular functions as a precursor molecule due to a nuclear localization sequence. IL-1α as an unprocessed precursor is biologically as active as the processed form. IL-1α is also found constitutively in epithelial cells, whereas constitutive expression of IL-1β is rare. In many ways, IL-1α appears to be closer to the fibroblast growth factor family than the secreted IL-1β form. Therapeutic stratiegies for blocking IL-1β predominate over those for blocking IL-1α. Many humans have circulating neutralizing antibodies to IL-1α but not IL-1β.
- cytokine activity; growth factor activity; interleukin-1 receptor binding
- Gene ID
- RP23-160G19.8, Il-1a, Hematopoietin-1, Lymphocyte-activating factor; LAF; Endogenous Pyrogen ; EP; Leukocyte Endogenous Mediator; LEM; Mononuclear Cell Factor ; MCF; IL-1 alpha; IL1; IL-1A; IL1F1; Interleukin-1 alpha; pro-interleukin-1-alpha; Interleukin-1 alpha precursor; preinterleukin 1 alpha
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us