Recombinant Murine Epidermal Growth Factor
|Recombinant Murine Epidermal Growth Factor
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Murine Epidermal Growth Factor produced in E. coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 53 amino acids(including 3 intramolecular disulfide-bonds) and having a molecular mass of 6.0kDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as calculated by the dose-dependant proliferation of murine BALB/c 3T3 cells (measured by 3H-thymidine uptake) is less than 0.1 ng/ml.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rmEGF as determined by LAL method.
- >97% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at ≤20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1ivo. Available structures:1ivo, 1jl9, 1nql, 1p9j
- Antigen Description
- EGF was originally discovered in crude preparations of nerve growth factor prepared from mouse submaxillary glands as an activity that induced early eyelid opening, incisor eruption, hair growth inhibition, and stunting of growth when injected into newborn mice. EGF is a potent growth factor that stimulates the proliferation of various epidermal and epithelial cells. Additionally, EGF has been shown to inhibit gastric secretion, and to be involved in wound healing. EGF signals through a receptor known as c-erbB, which is a class I tyrosine kinase receptor. This receptor also binds with TGF-alpha and VGF (vaccinia virus growth factor).
- calcium ion binding; growth factor activity
- Gene ID
- AI790464; URG; urogastrone; Pro-epidermal growth factor precursor; epidermal growth factor; epidermal growth factor (beta-urogastrone)
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us