Recombinant Murine Interleukin-4
|Recombinant Murine Interleukin-4
- Product Overview
- Recombinant murine IL-4 produced in E.coli is a 13.5kDa globular protein containing 120 amino acid residues.
- The ED50 was determined by the dose-dependent proliferation of murine HT-2 cells is 5 x 105IU/mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/ug (1 IEU/ug) determined by LAL test.
- >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- Lyophilized protein is stable for a few weeks at room temperature, but best stored at -20oC. Reconstituted murine IL-4 should be stored in working aliquots at -20oC. Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rmIL-4 in sterile 18MΩ-H2O containing at least 0.1% human serum albumin or bovine serum albumin to prepare a stock solution of no less than 5μg/ml of the cytokine.
Crystal structure of human IL-4(2INT).
- Antigen Description
- IL-4 is a pleiotropic cytokine that regulates diverse T and B cell responses including cell proliferation, survival and gene expression. Produced by mast cells, T cells and bone marrow stromal cells, IL-4 regulates the differentiation of naive CD4+ T cells into helper Th2 cells, characterized by their cytokine-secretion profile that includes secretion of IL-4, IL-5, IL-6, IL-10, and IL-13, which favor a humoral immune response. Another dominant function of IL-4 is the regulation of immunoglobulin class switching to the IgG1 and IgE isotypes. Excessive IL-4 production by Th2 cells has been associated with elevated IgE production and alergy.
- interleukin-4 receptor binding; protein binding
- Gene ID
- IgG1; Il-4; BCGF, BCDF, B cell stimulating factor 1, Lymphocyte stimulatory factor 1, Binetrakin, Pitrakinra, Interleukin-4, IGG1 induction factor, B-cell IgG differentiation factor; Interleukin-4 Precursor; IL-4;BSF-1;B-cell growth factor 1
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us