Recombinant Ovine Interferon-tau
|Recombinant Ovine Interferon-tau
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Ovine Interferon-tau produced in Pichia. P is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 172 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 20 kDa,
- Fully biologically active when compared to IFN-alpha. The specific activity as determined in a viral resistance assay was found to be no less than 1.0 x 107IU/mg.
- Less than 1EU/μg of rOvIFN-tau as determined by LAL method.
- >95% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
- Antigen Description
- IFN-tau is a new class of type I IFN that is secreted by the trophoblast and is the signal for maternal recognition of pregnancy in sheep. IFN- tau has potent immunosuppressive and antiviral activities similar to other type I IFN but isless cytotoxic than IFN-α/β. The current investigation concerns the effect of recombinant ovine IFN- tau (rOvIFN-tau) on the modulation of MHC class I and II expression on cloned mouse cerebrovascular endothelial (CVE) cells.IFN- tau induced tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat1 and upregulated the expression of MHC class I on CVE. Oneproposed action by which type I IFN reduce the relapse rate in MS is via interference with IFN-γ-induced MHC class II expression. IFN- tau was shown to downregulate IFN-γ-induced MHC class II expression on CVE and,hence, may be of potential therapeutic value in downregulating inflammation in the central nervous system (CNS). IFN- tau did not upregulate the expression of MHC class II on CVE. IFN- tau also inhibited the replication of Theiler's virus in CVE.
- Gene ID
- Interferon-tau;TP-1; TP-1 trophoblast protein-1 ; Trophoblastin;Antiluteolysin;Trophoblast antiluteolytic protein; OTP; IFNT1; IFNT4; Interferon tau-1; Interferon tau-4
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us