- Product Overview
- Recombinant Staphylokinase produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 136 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 16 kDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The specific biological activity measured by the ability of fibrin lysis in agarose plate was found to be 50000U/mg.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rSAK as determined by LAL method.
- >95% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
- Antigen Description
- Staphylokinase (SAK), a 16kDa profibrinolytic protein from the Staphylococcus aureus, has been demonstrated to induce highly fibrin-specific thrombolysis in both human plasma and in limited clinical trials. It is positively regulated by the "agr" gene regulator. It activates plasminogen to form plasmin, which digest fibrin clots. This disrupts the fibrin meshwork which can often form to keep an infection localized.Recent studies on the thrombolytic potential of recombinant SAK in achieving early perfusion in myocardial infarction and in the dissolution of platelet-rich clot have clearly established its immense utility in clinical medicine as a thrombolytic agent and suggested that it can be developed as a potent clot-dissolving agent.
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us