- Product Overview
- Recombinant Streptokinase produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 414 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 47 kDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The specific biological activity measured by the ability of fibrin lysis in agarose plate was found to be 80,000U/mg.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rSK as determined by LAL method.
- >95% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
- Antigen Description
- Streptokinase is an extracellular metallo-enzyme produced by beta-haemolytic streptococcus and is used as an effective and cheap clot-dissolving medication in some cases of myocardial infarction (heart attack) and pulmonary embolism. It belongs to a group of medications known as fibrinolytics, and works by activating plasminogen through cleavage to produce plasmin. The half life of streptokinase is 6 hours.
- Download Datasheet:
Our customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, from Monday to Sunday. Contact Us