|Anti-Human BAFF Stable Cell Line
- Cell Line Description
- Cytokine that binds to TNFRSF13B/TACI and TNFRSF17/BCMA. TNFSF13/APRIL binds to the same 2 receptors. Together, they form a 2 ligands -2 receptors pathway involved in the stimulation of B-and T-cell function and the regulation of humoral immunity. A third B-cell specific BAFF-receptor (BAFFR/BR3) promotes the survival of mature B-cells and the B-cell response.
- Growth Properties
- Complete growth medium: Serum-free Medium
Atmosphere: air, 95%; carbon dioxide (CO2), 5%
- Starting Cells From Frozen Cell Stock
- 1. Remove the packaging cell lines from liquid nitrogen and carry out a quick thaw. Float the cells in the 37°C water bath for 2 minutes until nearly (80%) thawed.
Once cells are thawed, it is important to dilute the cells 1:10 in growth media immediately to reduce the potentially toxic effects of the DMSO preservative on the cells.
2. Clean the outside of the vial with 70% ethanol before opening.
3. Remove the cells from the vial and add slowly into a 15ml conical tube containing 10 ml pre-warmed media.
4. Centrifuge for 3 minutes 1000 xg to pellet cells and remove the supernatant.
5. Add 14 ml of media and transfer cells to a T25 flask or a 100 mm culture dish.
6. Place the cells in the 37°C incubator with 5% CO2.
7. Allow incubation for 3-4 days to reach confluence. The cells will re-attach to the surface over a period of several days in culture at 37°C.
- 1. Centrifuge for 5 minutes 300 xg and discard culture medium.
2. Add 6.0 to 8.0 ml of complete growth medium and aspirate cells by gently pipetting.
3. Add appropriate aliquots of the cell suspension to new culture vessels.
Incubate cultures at 37°C.
Subcultivation Ratio: A subcultivation ratio of 1:4 to 1:8 is recommended
Medium Renewal: 2 to 3 times per week
- Mycoplasma Status: Negative (MycoAlert Kit)
- Freeze Medium
- Complete growth medium 90%; DMSO, 10%
- Safety Considerations
- The following safety precautions should be observed.
1. Use pipette aids to prevent ingestion and keep aerosols down to a minimum.
2. No eating, drinking or smoking while handling the stable line.
3. Wash hands after handling the stable line and before leaving the lab.
4. Decontaminate work surface with disinfectant or 70% ethanol before and after working with stable cells.
5. All waste should be considered hazardous.
6. Dispose of all liquid waste after each experiment and treat with bleach.
- Product Purity
- >98.0% as determined by Analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Product Molecular Mass
- Product Storage
- It should be stored in liquid or vapor phase nitrogen. Reconstituted antibody aliquots should avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Involvement in Disease
- Tabalumab is an anti-B-cell activating factor (BAFF) human monoclonal antibody designed for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and B cell malignancies.
- TNFSF13B; tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 13b; TNFSF20; tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13B; BAFF; BLYS; CD257; TALL 1; TALL1; THANK; delta BAFF; Delta4 BAFF; B-lymphocyte stimulator; B-cell-activating factor; ApoL related ligand TALL-1; TNF homolog that activates apoptosis; dendritic cell-derived TNF-like molecule; tumor necrosis factor-like protein ZTNF4; TNF and ApoL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 1; tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 20; DTL; ZTNF4; TALL-1;
- Chromosome Location
- Cytokine-cytokine receptor interaction, organism-specific biosystem; Cytokine-cytokine receptor interaction, conserved biosystem; Intestinal immune network for IgA production, organism-specific biosystem; Intestinal immune network for IgA production, conserved biosystem; Rheumatoid arthritis, organism-specific biosystem; Rheumatoid arthritis, conserved biosystem;
- cytokine activity; protein binding; receptor binding; tumor necrosis factor receptor binding;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.