|Anti-Human BLys Recombinant Antibody (Benlysta, LymphoStat-B)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to Human BLyS. Belimumab (trade name Benlysta, previously known as LymphoStat-B) is a human monoclonal antibody that inhibits B-cell activating factor (BAFF), also known as B-lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS). B cells are responsible for part of the normal immune response, and also for the over-aggressive immune response in autoimmune diseases like systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Suitable for use in ELISA, FC, IP, FuncS, IF, Neut, ICC and most other immunological methods.
- Trade name
- benlysta, lymphostat-b
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native human antigen
- Protein Construction
- ImmunoglobulinG1, anti-(human cytokine BAFF) (human monoclonal LymphoStat-B heavy chain),disulfide with human monoclonal LymphoStat-B l-chain, dimer
- Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
- At -20°C for one year.
- Antigen Description
- Cytokine that binds to TNFRSF13B/TACI and TNFRSF17/BCMA. TNFSF13/APRIL binds to the same 2 receptors. Together, they form a 2 ligands -2 receptors pathway involved in the stimulation of B-and T-cell function and the regulation of humoral immunity. A third B-cell specific BAFF-receptor (BAFFR/BR3) promotes the survival of mature B-cells and the B-cell response.
- cytokine activity; protein binding; receptor binding; tumor necrosis factor receptor binding;
- TNFSF13B; tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 13b; TNFSF20; tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 13B; BAFF; BLYS; CD257; TALL 1; TALL1; THANK; delta BAFF; Delta4 BAFF; B-lymphocyte stimulator; B-cell-activating factor; ApoL related ligand TALL-1; TNF homolog that activates apoptosis; dendritic cell-derived TNF-like molecule; tumor necrosis factor-like protein ZTNF4; TNF and ApoL-related leukocyte expressed ligand 1; tumor necrosis factor (ligand) superfamily, member 20; DTL; ZTNF4; TALL-1;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.