|Anti-Human CD23 Stable Cell Line
- Cell Line Description
- This receptor has essential roles in the regulation of IgE production and in the differentiation of B-cells (it is a B-cell-specific antigen).
- Growth Properties
- Complete growth medium: Serum-free Medium
Atmosphere: air, 95%; carbon dioxide (CO2), 5%
- Starting Cells From Frozen Cell Stock
- 1. Remove the packaging cell lines from liquid nitrogen and carry out a quick thaw. Float the cells in the 37°C water bath for 2 minutes until nearly (80%) thawed.
Once cells are thawed, it is important to dilute the cells 1:10 in growth media immediately to reduce the potentially toxic effects of the DMSO preservative on the cells.
2. Clean the outside of the vial with 70% ethanol before opening.
3. Remove the cells from the vial and add slowly into a 15ml conical tube containing 10 ml pre-warmed media.
4. Centrifuge for 3 minutes 1000 xg to pellet cells and remove the supernatant.
5. Add 14 ml of media and transfer cells to a T25 flask or a 100 mm culture dish.
6. Place the cells in the 37°C incubator with 5% CO2.
7. Allow incubation for 3-4 days to reach confluence. The cells will re-attach to the surface over a period of several days in culture at 37°C.
- 1. Centrifuge for 5 minutes 300 xg and discard culture medium.
2. Add 6.0 to 8.0 ml of complete growth medium and aspirate cells by gently pipetting.
3. Add appropriate aliquots of the cell suspension to new culture vessels.
Incubate cultures at 37°C.
Subcultivation Ratio: A subcultivation ratio of 1:4 to 1:8 is recommended
Medium Renewal: 2 to 3 times per week
- Mycoplasma Status: Negative (MycoAlert Kit)
- Freeze Medium
- Complete growth medium 90%; DMSO, 10%
- Safety Considerations
- The following safety precautions should be observed.
1. Use pipette aids to prevent ingestion and keep aerosols down to a minimum.
2. No eating, drinking or smoking while handling the stable line.
3. Wash hands after handling the stable line and before leaving the lab.
4. Decontaminate work surface with disinfectant or 70% ethanol before and after working with stable cells.
5. All waste should be considered hazardous.
6. Dispose of all liquid waste after each experiment and treat with bleach.
- Product Purity
- >98.0% as determined by Analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Chimeric (primate/human) IgG1 - kappa
- Product Storage
- It should be stored in liquid or vapor phase nitrogen. Reconstituted antibody aliquots should avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Involvement in Disease
- Gomiliximab is a monoclonal antibody acting as an immunosuppressive drug for the treatment of allergic asthma. It targets the low affinity IgE receptor (FcεRII or CD23).
- FCER2; Fc fragment of IgE, low affinity II, receptor for (CD23); CD23A, Fc fragment of IgE, low affinity II, receptor for (CD23A) , FCE2; low affinity immunoglobulin epsilon Fc receptor; CD23; CLEC4J; BLAST-2; CD23 antigen; fc-epsilon-RII; lymphocyte IgE receptor; immunoglobulin E-binding factor; C-type lectin domain family 4, member J; FCE2; CD23A; IGEBF;
- Chromosome Location
- Hematopoietic cell lineage, organism-specific biosystem; Hematopoietic cell lineage, conserved biosystem; IL-3 Signaling Pathway, organism-specific biosystem; IL4-mediated signaling events, organism-specific biosystem;
- IgE binding; binding; integrin binding; metal ion binding; receptor activity; sugar binding;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.