|Anti-Human CD25 Recombinant Antibody (Simulect)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to Human CD25. Basiliximab (trade name Simulect) is a chimeric mouse-human monoclonal antibody to the α chain (CD25) of the IL-2 receptor of T cells. It is used to prevent rejection in organ transplantation, especially in kidney transplants. It is a chimeric CD25 monoclonal antibody of the IgG1 isotype. It acts as an antagonist at the interleukin-2(IL-2) binding site of the p55 subunit (Tac antigen) of the high affinity IL-2 receptor (CD25) on the surface of the activated T lymphocytes.
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Suitable for use in FC, IP, ELISA, Neut, FuncS, IF, WB and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native human antigen
- Protein Construction
- Immunoglobulin G1,anti-(human interleukin 2 receptor) (human-mouse monoclonal clone 1H4 g1-chain), disulfide with human-mouse monoclonal clone 1H4 light chain, dimer
- Predicted N terminal
- H chain: QLQQSGTL chain: QIVSTQS
- Purity >95% by SDS-PAGE.
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
- Antigen Description
- CD25 is the alpha chain of the IL-2 receptor. It is a type I transmembrane protein present on activated T cells, activated B cells, some thymocytes, myeloid precursors, and oligodendrocytes that associates with CD122 to form a heterodimer that can act as a high-affinity receptor for IL-2. Though CD25 has been used as a marker to identify CD4+FoxP3+ regulatory T cells in mice, it has been found that a large proportion of resting memory T cells constitutively express CD25 in humans. CD25 is expressed in most B-cell neoplasms, some acute nonlymphocytic leukemias, neuroblastomas, and tumor infiltrating lymphocytes. Its soluble form, called sIL-2R may be elevated in these diseases and is occasionally used to track disease progression.
- drug binding; interleukin-2 binding; interleukin-2 receptor activity; receptor activity;
- IL2RA; interleukin 2 receptor, alpha; IL2R; interleukin-2 receptor subunit alpha; CD25; p55; IL2-RA; IL-2-RA; TAC antigen; IL-2R subunit alpha; IL-2 receptor subunit alpha; TCGFR; IDDM10;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.