Anti-EGFR Protein A Scaffold, Fluorescein-Conjugated (AFB-20LY)
|Anti-Human EGFR Protein A scaffold, Fluorescein-Conjugated
- Product Overview
- The Anti-EGFR Protein A Scaffold molecule is a specific affinity ligand selected against the extra cellular domain of EGFR. The molecule is conjugated at the unique C-terminal cysteine using a maleimide activated fluorescein reagent. The conjugated Anti-EGFR Protein A Scaffold molecule is excellent as a one step reagent for fluorescence studies of EGFR expression on cells as well as for flow cytometry. Staining of paraffin embedded tissues is not recommended.
- Fluorescence staining of cells and flow cytometry.
- Specific Activity
- Anti-EGFR Protein A scaffold molecule binds to human EGFR. Cross reactivity with other species has not been tested.
- Molecular Weight
- 13.7 kDa
- Short-term storage at +4°C is recommended. For long-term storage, the protein solution should be aliquoted and then stored at -20°C.
There is no decrease in performance of the Fluorescein-Conjugated Protein A Scaffold molecule after 10 repeated freeze and thaw cycl
- Antigen Description
- The Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR, ErbB) is a cell surface glycoprotein of approximately 135 kD (unglycosylated). There are several alternatively spliced forms of EGFR including a secreted soluble form. The EFGR belongs to the family tyrosine kinase receptors which are characterized by an extracellular ligand-binding domain, a single transmembrane and an intracellular domain responsible for transducing the signal. The receptor dimerizes upon binding to EGFR and the transduced signal stimulates cell growth and differentiation. The EGFR is over expressed or mutated in many types of cancers and the receptor as well as the down stream signaling molecules are subjects to several cancer therapeutic interventions.
- ATP binding; MAP/ERK kinase kinase activity; actin filament binding; double-stranded DNA binding; epidermal growth factor receptor activity; identical protein binding.
- EGFR; epidermal growth factor receptor; ERBB; HER1; mENA; ERBB1; PIG61; OTTHUMP00000159661; OTTHUMP00000159662; OTTHUMP00000159663; OTTHUMP00000209210; OTTHUMP00000209211; proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1; cell growth inhibiting protein 40; cell proliferation-inducing protein 61; receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1; avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.