|Anti-Human EpCAM/17-1A Recombinant Antibody (Panorex)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant mouse monoclonal antibody expressed in Sp2/0 mouse myeloma cells binding to human EpCAM/17-1A. Edrecolomab is a mouse-derived monoclonal antibody targeting the cell-surface glycoprotein EpCAM/17-1A, which is expressed on epithelial tissues and on various carcinomas. Preliminary studies had shown promise of a possible use in patients with stage III colorectal carcinoma. However, when put to a phase III study it did not provide any benefit when compared to conventional chemotherapeutic agents. Edrecolomab was well tolerated in these studies and as such research has now concentrated on whether it can be of any use in other forms of cancer.
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Expression Host
- Sp2/0 mouse myeloma cells
- Suitable for use in ELISA, IP, FC, FuncS, IF, Neut and most other immunological methods.
- Molecular Weight
- Approximately 150 kDa
- >95.0% as determined by Analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- 4°C. For long term storage, aliquot and store at -20°C. Repeated thawing and freezing must be avoided.
- Edrecolomab is a mouse-derived monoclonal antibody targeting the cell-surface glycoprotein EpCAM/17-1A.
- Antigen Description
- This gene encodes a carcinoma-associated antigen and is a member of a family that includes at least two type I membrane proteins. This antigen is expressed on most normal epithelial cells and gastrointestinal carcinomas and functions as a homotypic calcium-independent cell adhesion molecule. The antigen is being used as a target for immunotherapy treatment of human carcinomas. Mutations in this gene result in congenital tufting enteropathy.
- protein binding;
- EPCAM; epithelial cell adhesion molecule; antigen identified by monoclonal AUA1 , M4S1, MIC18, TACSTD1, tumor associated calcium signal transducer 1; 17 1A; 323/A3; CD326; CO 17A; EGP 2; EGP34; EGP40; Ep CAM; ESA; GA733 2; HEA125; KS1/4; KSA; Ly74; MH99; MK 1; MOC31; TACST 1; TROP1; epithelial glycoprotein 314; human epithelial glycoprotein-2; cell surface glycoprotein Trop-1; adenocarcinoma-associated antigen; tumor-associated calcium signal transducer 1; major gastrointestinal tumor-associated protein GA733-2; membrane component, chromosome 4, surface marker (35kD glycoprotein); M4S1; MK-1; DIAR5; EGP-2; MIC18; EGP314; HNPCC8; TACSTD1; GA733-2;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.