|Anti-Human IGF1 Receptor Recombinant Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to IGF1 Receptor. Cixutumumab is a monoclonal antibody for the treatment of solid tumors.
It is a fully human IgG1 monoclonal antibody directed against the human insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R) with potential antineoplastic activity. Cixutumumab selectively binds to membrane-bound IGF-1R, thereby preventing the binding of the natural ligand IGF-1 and the subsequent activation of PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Downregulation of the PI3K/AKT survival pathway may result in the induction of cancer cell apoptosis and may decrease cancer cellular proliferation. IGF-1R, a receptor tyrosine kinase of the insulin receptor superfamily overexpressed by many cancer cell types, stimulates cell proliferation, enables oncogenic transformation, and suppresses apoptosis; IGF-1R signaling has been implicated in tumorigenesis and metastasis.
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Suitable for use in FuncS, IF, Neut, ELISA, FC, IP, ICC and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native human antigen.
- Protein Construction
- Immunoglobulin G1, anti-(human insulin-like growth factor I receptor) (human monoclonal IMC-A12 γ-chain), disulfide with human monoclonal IMC-A12 lambda-chain, dimer
- Predicted N terminal
- H Chain: EVQLVQS; L Chain: SSELTQD
- >95.0%, determined by analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store at 4°C for up to 3 months. For longer term storage aliquot into small volumes and store at -20°C.
- Antigen Description
- Receptor tyrosine kinase which mediates actions of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1). Binds IGF1 with high affinity and IGF2 and insulin (INS) with a lower affinity. The activated IGF1R is involved in cell growth and survival control. IGF1R is crucial for tumor transformation and survival of malignant cell. Ligand binding activates the receptor kinase, leading to receptor autophosphorylation, and tyrosines phosphorylation of multiple substrates, that function as signaling adapter proteins including, the insulin-receptor substrates (IRS1/2), Shc and 14-3-3 proteins.
- ATP binding; identical protein binding; insulin binding; insulin receptor binding; insulin receptor substrate binding; insulin-like growth factor I binding; insulin-like growth factor binding; insulin-like growth factor-activated receptor activity; nucleo
- IGF1R; insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor; CD221; IGFIR; IGFR; JTK13; MGC18216; IGF-I receptor; soluble IGF1R variant 1; soluble IGF1R variant 2; insulin-like growth factor I receptor; MGC142170; MGC142172;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.