|Anti-Human IL6 Recombinant Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to IL-6. Elsilimomab (also known as B-E8) is a mouse monoclonal antibody and an immunosuppressive drug. It (OPR-003) targets (and blocks) Interleukin-6. It has undergone a number of early stage clinical trials, e.g. for lymphoma and myeloma. It was used as a template to develop a high-affinity, antagonist, fully human anti-IL-6 mAb 1339.
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Suitable for use in WB, FuncS, IF, Neut, ELISA, FC, IP and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native human antigen.
- >95.0%. Determined by analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- At -20°C for one year.
- Antigen Description
- Cytokine with a wide variety of biological functions. It is a potent inducer of the acute phase response. Plays an essential role in the final differentiation of B-cells into Ig-secreting cells Involved in lymphocyte and monocyte differentiation. It induces myeloma and plasmacytoma growth and induces nerve cells differentiation Acts on B-cells, T-cells, hepatocytes, hematopoeitic progenitor cells and cells of the CNS. Also acts as a myokine. It is discharged into the bloodstream after muscle contraction and acts to increase the breakdown of fats and to improve insulin resistance.
- cytokine activity; cytokine activity; growth factor activity; interleukin-6 receptor binding; contributes_to interleukin-6 receptor binding; interleukin-6 receptor binding;
- IL6; interleukin 6 (interferon, beta 2); IFNB2; interleukin-6; BSF2; HGF; HSF; IL 6; CDF; BSF-2; IFN-beta-2; interferon beta-2; interleukin BSF-2; hybridoma growth factor; CTL differentiation factor; B-cell stimulatory factor 2; B-cell differentiation factor; IL-6;
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.