|Anti-Human ITGA4 Stable Cell Line
- Cell Line Description
- Integrins alpha-4/beta-1 (VLA-4) and alpha-4/beta-7 are receptors for fibronectin. They recognize one or more domains within the alternatively spliced CS-1 and CS-5 regions of fibronectin. They are also receptors for VCAM1. Integrin alpha-4/beta-1 recognizes the sequence Q-I-D-S in VCAM1. Integrin alpha-4/beta-7 is also a receptor for MADCAM1. It recognizes the sequence L-D-T in MADCAM1. On activated endothelial cells integrin VLA-4 triggers homotypic aggregation for most VLA-4- positive leukocyte cell lines. It may also participate in cytolytic T-cell interactions with target cells.
- Growth Properties
- Complete growth medium: Serum-free Medium
Atmosphere: air, 95%; carbon dioxide (CO2), 5%
- Starting Cells From Frozen Cell Stock
- 1. Remove the packaging cell lines from liquid nitrogen and carry out a quick thaw. Float the cells in the 37°C water bath for 2 minutes until nearly (80%) thawed.
Once cells are thawed, it is important to dilute the cells 1:10 in growth media immediately to reduce the potentially toxic effects of the DMSO preservative on the cells.
2. Clean the outside of the vial with 70% ethanol before opening.
3. Remove the cells from the vial and add slowly into a 15ml conical tube containing 10 ml pre-warmed media.
4. Centrifuge for 3 minutes 1000 xg to pellet cells and remove the supernatant.
5. Add 14 ml of media and transfer cells to a T25 flask or a 100 mm culture dish.
6. Place the cells in the 37°C incubator with 5% CO2.
7. Allow incubation for 3-4 days to reach confluence. The cells will re-attach to the surface over a period of several days in culture at 37°C.
- 1. Centrifuge for 5 minutes 300 xg and discard culture medium.
2. Add 6.0 to 8.0 ml of complete growth medium and aspirate cells by gently pipetting.
3. Add appropriate aliquots of the cell suspension to new culture vessels.
Incubate cultures at 37°C.
Subcultivation Ratio: A subcultivation ratio of 1:4 to 1:8 is recommended
Medium Renewal: 2 to 3 times per week
- Mycoplasma Status: Negative (MycoAlert Kit)
- Freeze Medium
- Complete growth medium 90%; DMSO, 10%
- Safety Considerations
- The following safety precautions should be observed.
1. Use pipette aids to prevent ingestion and keep aerosols down to a minimum.
2. No eating, drinking or smoking while handling the stable line.
3. Wash hands after handling the stable line and before leaving the lab.
4. Decontaminate work surface with disinfectant or 70% ethanol before and after working with stable cells.
5. All waste should be considered hazardous.
6. Dispose of all liquid waste after each experiment and treat with bleach.
- Product Purity
- >98.0% as determined by Analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Humanized (from mouse) IgG4
- Product Storage
- It should be stored in liquid or vapor phase nitrogen. Reconstituted antibody aliquots should avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- Involvement in Disease
- Natalizumab is used in the treatment of multiple sclerosis and Crohn's disease.
- ITGA4; integrin, alpha 4 (antigen CD49D, alpha 4 subunit of VLA-4 receptor); CD49D; integrin alpha-4; CD49d; 269C wild type; integrin alpha 4; integrin alpha-IV; VLA-4 subunit alpha; integrin alpha-4 subunit; CD49 antigen-like family member D; antigen CD49D, alpha-4 subunit of VLA-4 receptor; very late activation protein 4 receptor, alpha 4 subunit; IA4; MGC90518;
- Chromosome Location
- Adaptive Immune System, organism-specific biosystem; Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC), organism-specific biosystem; Arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy (ARVC), conserved biosystem; Cell adhesion molecules (CAMs), organism-specific biosystem; Cell adhesion molecules (CAMs), conserved biosystem; Cell surface interactions at the vascular wall, organism-specific biosystem; Dilated cardiomyopathy, organism-specific biosystem;
- fibronectin binding; protein binding; receptor activity;
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.