Anti-INS Protein A Scaffold (AFB-35LY)
|Anti-Human Insulin Protein A scaffold
- Product Overview
- The Anti-Insulin Protein A Scaffold molecule was selected against recombinant human insulin (chain A and B). The Anti-Insulin Protein A Scaffold molecule is excellent for immunohistochemical staining of frozen and paraffin embedded tissue sections and an ideal affinity ligand for chromatography applications. The molecule is modified with a unique C-terminal cysteine for directed single-point chemical modification, facilitating labeling with fluorescent dyes, biotin or coupling to matrices.
- Affinity chromatography, immunohistochemical staining of frozen and paraffin embedded tissue sections.
- Specific Activity
- Anti-Insulin Protein A scaffold molecule binds to human, mouse and rat insulin.
- Molecular Weight
- 14.0 kDa
- At +4°C is recommended for lyophilized protein. For reconstituted protein in physiological buffer, short-term storage at +4°C is recommended. For long-term storage, the protein solution should be aliquoted and then stored at -20°C. There is no decrease in
- Antigen Description
- The 5.7 kDa polypeptide hormone insulin is structured as two polypeptide chains, the 21 amino acid A chain and the 30 amino acid B chain, linked by two disulphide bonds. Insulin is synthesized in the beta cells of the islets of Langerhans in the pancreas as a prohormone; proinsulin that is later transformed by proteolytic action into the active hormone. Insulin excerts multiple actions throughout the body to regulate the energy metabolism. Its anabolics action includes build-up and storage of glycogen and fat.
- Insulin decreases blood glucose concentration. It increases cell permeability to monosaccharides, amino acids and fatty acids. It accelerates glycolysis, the pentose phosphate cycle, and glycogen synthesis in liver.
- INS; insulin; ILPR; IRDN; IDDM2; MODY10; IN; proinsulin; Insulin B chain; Insulin A chain; OTTHUMP00000011161; OTTHUMP00000011162; OTTHUMP00000196036; OTTHUMP00000196038; OTTHUMP00000217519
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.