capromab pendetide (TAB-018)
|Anti-Human PMSA Recombinant Antibody (ProstaScint)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to Human PMSA. Indium (111In) capromab pendetide (trade name Prostascint) is used to image the extent of prostate cancer. Capromab is a mouse monoclonal antibody which recognizes prostate specific membrane antigen (PSMA) from prostate cancer cells and normal prostate tissue. It is linked to pendetide, a derivative of DTPA. Pendetide acts as a chelating agent for the radionuclide indium-111. Following an intravenous injection of Prostascint, imaging is performed using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT).
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Suitable for use in ELISA, FC, IP, FuncS, IF, Neut, WB and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native human antigen
- Protein Construction
- Immunoglobulin G1,anti-(human prostatic carcinoma cell) (mouse monoclonal 7E11-C5.3 gamma 1-chain), disulfide with mousemonoclonal 7E11-C5.3 light chain, dimer
- >95.0%. Determined by analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store the antibody (in aliquots) at -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing of samples.
- Antigen Description
- Has both folate hydrolase and N-acetylated-alpha-linked-acidic dipeptidase (NAALADase) activity. Has a preference for tri-alpha-glutamate peptides. In the intestine, required for the uptake of folate. In the brain, modulates excitatory neurotransmission through the hydrolysis of the neuropeptide, N-aceylaspartylglutamate (NAAG), thereby releasing glutamate. Isoform PSM-4 and isoform PSM-5 would appear to be physiologically irrelevant. Involved in prostate tumor progression. Also exhibits a dipeptidyl-peptidase IV type activity. In vitro, cleaves Gly-Pro-AMC.
- carboxypeptidase activity; dipeptidase activity; metal ion binding; metallopeptidase activity; peptidase activity;
- FOLH1; folate hydrolase (prostate-specific membrane antigen) 1; FOLH; glutamate carboxypeptidase 2; GCP2; GCPII; glutamate carboxylase II; glutamate carboxypeptidase II; NAALAD1; NAALAdase; PSM; PSMA; NAALADase I; membrane glutamate carboxypeptidase; cell growth-inhibiting gene 27 protein; folylpoly-gamma-glutamate carboxypeptidase; prostate specific membrane antigen variant F; pteroylpoly-gamma-glutamate carboxypeptidase; N-acetylated alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase 1; N-acetylated-alpha-linked acidic dipeptidase I; FGCP; mGCP;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.