|Anti-Human TNF Recombinant Antibody (Humira)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant monoclonal antibody to Respiratory syncytial virus TNF. Adalimumab (HUMIRA, AbbVie) is the third TNF inhibitor, after infliximab and etanercept. Like infliximab and etanercept, adalimumab binds to Tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFα), preventing it from activating TNF receptors. Adalimumab was constructed from a fully human monoclonal antibody, while infliximab is a mouse-human chimeric antibody and etanercept is a TNF receptor-IgG fusion protein. TNFα inactivation has proven to be important in downregulating the inflammatory reactions associated with autoimmune diseases. adalimumab is for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, Crohn's disease, moderate to severe chronic psoriasis and juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Although only approved for ulcerative colitis from late 2012 by the FDA in the disease's management, it has been used for several years in cases that have not responded to conventional treatment at standard dosing for Crohn's Disease.
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Suitable for use in ELISA, IP, FC, FuncS, Neut, IF, IHC and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native human antigen
- Protein Construction
- ImmunoglobulinG1, anti-(human tumor necrosis factor) (human monoclonal D2E7 heavy chain),disulfide with human monoclonal D2E7 light chain, dimer
- Predicted N terminal
- H chain: EVQLVESL chain: DIQMTQS
- >95.0% as determined by Analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Antigen Description
- Cytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
- cytokine activity; identical protein binding; protease binding; protein binding; transcription regulatory region DNA binding; tumor necrosis factor receptor binding;
- TNF; tumor necrosis factor; TNFA, tumor necrosis factor (TNF superfamily, member 2); DIF; TNF superfamily; member 2; TNF alpha; TNFSF2; TNF-a; cachectin; APC1 protein; TNF, monocyte-derived; TNF, macrophage-derived; TNF superfamily, member 2; tumor necrosis factor alpha; tumor necrosis factor-alpha; tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 2; TNFA; TNF-alpha;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.