|Anti-ganglioside GD3 Recombinant Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant mouse monoclonal antibody expressed in CHO binding to human ganglioside GD3. Mitumomab is a mouse monoclonal antibody investigated for the treatment of small cell lung carcinoma in combination with BCG vaccination. Mitumomab attacks tumour cells, while the vaccine is thought to activate the immune system.
- The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Suitable for use in ELISA, FC, IP, FuncS, IF, Neut, ICC and most other immunological methods.
- Molecular Weight
- >95.0% as determined by analysis by RP-HPLC.
- Store the antibody (in aliquots) at -20°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing of samples.
- Mitumomab (BEC-2) is a mouse monoclonal antibody investigated for the treatment of small cell lung carcinoma in combination with BCG vaccination.
- Antigen Description
- Gangliosides are membrane-bound glycosphingolipids containing sialic acid. Ganglioside GD3 is known to be important for cell adhesion and growth of cultured malignant cells. The protein encoded by this gene is a type II membrane protein that catalyzes the transfer of sialic acid from CMP-sialic acid to GM3 to produce gangliosides GD3 and GT3. The encoded protein may be found in the Golgi apparatus and is a member of glycosyltransferase family 29.
- alpha-N-acetylneuraminate alpha-2, 8-sialyltransferase activity; sialyltransferase activity; transferase activity, transferring glycosyl groups;
- ST8SIA1; ST8 alpha-N-acetyl-neuraminide alpha-2, 8-sialyltransferase 1; sialyltransferase 8 (alpha N acetylneuraminate: alpha 2, 8 sialytransferase, GD3 synthase) A , SIAT8, SIAT8A; alpha-N-acetylneuraminide alpha-2, 8-sialyltransferase; ST8Sia I; ganglioside GD3 synthase; ganglioside GT3 synthase; sialytransferase St8Sia I; alpha-2, 8-sialyltransferase 8A; disialoganglioside (GD3) synthase; ganglioside-specific alpha-2, 8-polysialyltransferase; sialyltransferase 8 (alpha-N-acetylneuraminate: alpha-2, 8-sialytransferase, GD3 synthase) A; sialyltransferase 8A (alpha-N-acetylneuraminate: alpha-2, 8-sialyltransferase, GD3 synthase); GD3S; SIAT8; SIAT8A; SIAT8-A; ST8SiaI;
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.