Anti-lpa Antibody Fab (MOM-18426-F(E))
|Recombinant Anti-Human lpa Antibody Fab Fragment
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Mouse Antibody Fab Fragment is directed against Human LPA, expressed in Chinese Hamster Ovary cells(CHO)
- Recombinant Human Lipoprotein a (P08519).
- Suitable for use in FC, IP, ELISA, Neut, FuncS, IF and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native antigen.
- >95%, by SDS-PAGE with silver staining, under reducing conditions.
- Store at -20°C for long-term storage. Store at 2-8°C for up to one month. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
- Antigen Description
- Lipoprotein(a) (Lp(a)) is a lipoprotein subclass assembled in the blood from low density lipoprotein (LDL) molecules and apolipoprotein-a (apo-a). Lp(a) recruits inflammatory cells through interaction with Mac-1 integrin. High Lp(a) in blood is a risk factor for coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, atherosclerosis, thrombosis, and stroke. Lp(a) concentrations may be affected by disease states, but are only moderately affected by diet, exercise and other environmental factors. Lipid-reducing drugs have no effect on Lp(a) concentration. High Lp(a) predicts risk of early atherosclerosis similar to high LDL, but in advanced atherosclerosis, Lp(a) is a risk factor independent of LDL, indicating a coagulant risk of plaque thrombosis. Apo(a) contains domains that are very similar to plasminogen (PLG). Lp(a) accumulates in the vessel wall and inhibits binding of PLG to the cell surface, reducing plasmin generation which increases clotting. This inhibition also promotes proliferation of smooth muscle cells. These unique features of Lp(a) suggest a role in the generation of clots and atherosclerosis.
- apolipoprotein binding; endopeptidase inhibitor activity; fibronectin binding; heparin binding; peptidase activity; serine-type endopeptidase activity;
- LPA; lipoprotein, Lp(a); LP; apolipoprotein(a); lp(a); apo(a); antiangiogenic AK38 protein; AK38; APOA
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.