Anti-masp2 Antibody scFv (MOM-18433-S(P))
|Recombinant Anti-Human masp2 Antibody scFv Fragment
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Mouse Antibody scFv Fragment is directed against Human MASP2, expressed in E. coli
- Suitable for use in ELISA, WB, Neut and most other immunological methods.
- Specific Activity
- Tested positive against native antigen.
- >97%, by SDS-PAGE under reducing conditions and visualized by silver stain.
- Store at -20°C for long-term storage. Store at 2-8°C for up to one month. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles.
- Antigen Description
- MASP2, MBL associated serine protease 2, is a serum protease that plays an important role in the activation of the complement system via mannose-binding lectin (MBL). Binding of MBL to carbohydrate groups triggers MASP2 activation by auto-catalytic cleavage which leads to cleavage of C2 and C4, leading to their activation and to the formation of C3 convertase. MASP2 also binds to L-Ficolin and H-Ficolin, and when the complex binds pathogens the MASP is activated. Low MBL levels in serum are associated with increased susceptibility to infection, and an Asp105Gly mutation in MASP2 is associated with low MASP2 levels in serum. Reduced functional levels of MBL are also postulated to be associated with generation of autoantibodies in systemic lupus erythematosus, acting through a decreased clearance of apoptotic material. A truncated form of MASP2 that constitutes the amino 185 residues, Map19 is also a component of the MBL-MASP-1 complex.
- calcium ion binding; calcium-dependent protein binding; peptidase activity; protein binding; serine-type endopeptidase activity;
- MASP2; mannan-binding lectin serine peptidase 2; mannan binding lectin serine peptidase 1 pseudogene 1 , mannan binding lectin serine protease 1 pseudogene 1 , mannan binding lectin serine protease 2 , MASP1P1; mannan-binding lectin serine protease 2; small MBL-associated protein; MBL-associated serine protease 2; MBL-associated plasma protein of 19 kD; mannan-binding lectin serine protease 1 pseudogene 1; mannose-binding protein-associated serine protease 2; mannan-binding lectin serine peptidase 1 pseudogene 1; sMAP; MAP19; MASP-2; MASP1P1
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.