Recombinant Exendin-4 (CRP08122)
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Exendin-4 produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 39 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 4.1 kDa.
- Sterile Filtered White lyophilized (freeze-dried) powder.
- Less than 10EU/mg of rExendin-4 as determined by LAL method.
- >96% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/mL. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
- Antigen Description
- Exendin-4 is a novel 39-amino acid peptide isolated from the venom of the Gila monster Heloderma suspectum. It shares 53% sequence homology with GLP-17-36amide and interacts with the same membrane receptor. Exendin-4 enhances glucose-dependent insulin secretion, suppresses inappropriately elevated glucagon secretion, and slows gastric emptying in vivo. It also promotes ss-cell proliferation and neogenesis in vitro and in animal models. Recombinant Exendin-4 is E. coli expression of a synthetic DNA squence encoding the 39 amino acid of Exendin-4.
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.