Recombinant Anti-MIF Mab (HOM-19399)
|Recombinant Human Anti-Human MIF Monoclonal Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant humanized antibody expressed in CHO binding to human MIF.
- ELISA, WB, IHC, FCM, IP, IF. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Molecular Weight
- 145.41 kDa
- >95.0% as determined by analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store it under sterile conditions at -20 °C upon receiving. Recommend to pack the antibody into smaller quantities for optimal storage.
- Samples are stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at - 20°C and are stable for six months at 4 °C.
- Antigen Description
- Macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF or MMIF) also known as glycosylation-inhibiting factor (GIF), L-dopachrome isomerase, or phenylpyruvate tautomerase is a protein that in humans is encoded by the MIF gene. MIF is an important regulator of innate immunity. Bacterial antigens stimulate white blood cells to release MIF into the blood stream. The circulating MIF binds to CD74 on other immune cells to trigger an acute immune response. Hence MIF is classified as an inflammatory cytokine. Furthermore glucocorticoids also stimulate white blood cells to release MIF and hence MIF partially counteracts the inhibitory effects that glucocorticoids have on the immune system. Finally trauma activates the anterior pituitary gland to release MIF.
- growth factor activity; hormone activity; receptor binding; transforming growth factor beta receptor binding;
- AMH; anti-Mullerian hormone; muellerian-inhibiting factor; MIS; anti-Muellerian hormone; Mullerian inhibiting factor; Mullerian inhibiting substance; muellerian-inhibiting substance; MIF;
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.