Recombinant Anti-PADI2 Mab (HOM-19421)
|Recombinant Human Anti-Human PADI2 Monoclonal Antibody
- Product Overview
- Recombinant humanized antibody expressed in CHO binding to human PADI2.
- ELISA, WB, IHC, FCM, IP, IF. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Molecular Weight
- 145.41 kDa
- >95.0% as determined by analysis by RP-HPLC & analysis by SDS-PAGE.
- Store it under sterile conditions at -20 °C upon receiving. Recommend to pack the antibody into smaller quantities for optimal storage.
- Samples are stable for up to twelve months from date of receipt at - 20°C and are stable for six months at 4 °C.
- Antigen Description
- Protein-arginine deiminase type-2 is an enzyme that in humans is encoded by the PADI2 gene. This gene encodes a member of the peptidyl arginine deiminase family of enzymes, which catalyze the post-translational deimination of proteins by converting arginine residues into citrullines in the presence of calcium ions. The family members have distinct substrate specificities and tissue-specific expression patterns. The type II enzyme is the most widely expressed family member. Known substrates for this enzyme include myelin basic protein in the central nervous system and vimentin in skeletal muscle and macrophages. This enzyme is thought to play a role in the onset and progression of neurodegenerative human disorders, including Alzheimer disease and multiple sclerosis, and it has also been implicated in glaucoma pathogenesis. This gene exists in a cluster with four other paralogous genes.
- calcium ion binding; hydrolase activity; protein-arginine deiminase activity;
- PADI2; peptidyl arginine deiminase, type II; protein-arginine deiminase type-2; KIAA0994; PDI2; protein arginine deiminase; peptidylarginine deiminase II; peptidlyarginine deiminase type II; protein-arginine deiminase type II; PAD2; PAD-H19;
All listed services and products are For Research Use Only. Do Not use in any diagnostic or therapeutic applications.