Recombinant Human Bone Morphogenetic Protein -2 (CRP0801)
|Recombinant Human Bone Morphogenetic Protein -2
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Bone Morphogenetic protein-2 produced in E. coli is a homodimeric, non-glycosylated, Polypeptide chain containing 115 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 26.018 kDa.
- BMP-2 is fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the cytolysis of MC3T3-E1 cells is less than 50 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of 2.0 x 104 IU/mg.
- Less than 0.1ng/ug (1IEU/ug) of Bone Morphogenetic protein-2 .
- >95% by SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC.
- Lyophilized BMP2 although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution BMP2 should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuBMP2 in sterile 20mM Acetic acid not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
PDB rendering based on 3bmp.
- Antigen Description
- Bone morphogenetic protein 2 (BMP-2) is a protein that belongs to the TGF-β superfamily of proteins. It, like other bone morphogenetic proteins, plays an important role in the development of bone and cartilage. It is involved in the Hedgehog pathway, TGF-beta signaling pathway, and the Cytokine-cytokine receptor interaction. It is involved also in cardiac cell differentiation and epithelial to mesenchymal transition.
- Cytokine activity, Growth factor activity, Specific transcriptional repressor activity
- BMP2A; BMP-2; BMP-2A; Bone morphogenetic protein 2 precursor
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.