Recombinant Human Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor (CRP0876)
|Recombinant Human Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human Ciliary Neurotrophic Factor produced in E.coli is a single non-glycosylated polypeptide chain containing 199 amino acids and having a molecular mass of approximately 22.8KDa.
- Fully biologically active when compared to standard. The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of TF-1 cells is less than 3.0 ng/ml.
- Less than 1EU/mg of rHuCNTF as determined by LAL method.
- >97% by SDS-PAGE and HPLC analyses.
- This lyophilized preparation is stable for several weeks at 2-8°C, but should be kept at -20°C for long term storage, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, the preparation is stable for up to one week at 2-8°C. For maximal stability, apportion the reconstituted preparation into working aliquots and store at -20°C to -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- We recommend that this vial be briefly centrifuged prior to opening to bring the contents to the bottom. Reconstitute in sterile distilled water or aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA to a concentration of 0.1-1.0 mg/ml. Stock solutions should be apportioned into working aliquots and stored at <-20°C. Further dilutions should be made in appropriate buffered solutions.
PDB rendering based on 1cnt.
- Antigen Description
- Ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) is a polypeptide initially purified from chick embryo ocular tissue and identified as a trophic factor for embryonic chick ciliary parasympathetic neurons in culture. Subsequent studies have demonstrated that CNTF is a survival factor for additional neuronal cell types including: dorsal root ganglion sensory neurons, sympathetic ganglion neurons, embryonic motor neurons, major pelvic ganglion neurons and hippocampal neurons. CNTF has also been shown to prevent the degeneration of motor axons after axotomy.
- ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor binding, growth factor activity, protein binding.
- HCNTF; OTTHUMP00000174731; ciliary neurotrophic factor
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.