Recombinant Human Interferon-alpha 2a (CRP0812)
|Recombinant Human Interferon-alpha 2a
- Product Overview
- Recombinant Human IFN-alpha 2a produced in E. coli is a single, non-glycosylated, polypeptide chain containing 165 amino acids and having a molecular mass of 19241 Dalton.
- The specific activity as determined in a viral resistance assay using VSV-WISH cells was found to be greater than 1.0 x 108IU/ mg.
- Less than 0.3ng/ug (0.3IEU/ug) determined by LAL test.
- >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE and SEC-HPLC.
- Lyophilized rHuIFN-alpha 2a although stable at room temperature for 3 weeks, should be stored desiccated below -18oC. Upon reconstitution rHuIFNα2a should be stored at 4oC between 2-7 days and for future use below -18oC. For long-term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA). Aliquot to avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- It is recommended to reconstitute the lyophilized rHuIFNa2a in sterile 18MΩ-cm H2O not less than 100ug/ml, which can then be further diluted to other aqueous solutions.
- Antigen Description
- At least 23 different variants of IFN-alpha are known. The individual proteins have molecular masses between 19-26 kDa and consist of proteins with lengths of 156-166 and 172 amino acids. All IFN-alpha subtypes possess a common conserved sequence region between amino acid positions 115-151 while the amino-terminal ends are variable. Many IFN-alpha subtypes differ in their sequences at only one or two positions. Naturally occurring variants also include proteins truncated by 10 amino acids at the carboxy-terminal end.
- interferon-alpha/beta receptor binding
- IFNA, INFA2, MGC125764, MGC125765; Leukocyte interferon, B cell interferon, Type I interferon, IFNA2, IFN-α 2a, Interferon alpha-A, LeIF A, Interferon alpha-2; Interferon alpha-2 Precursor.
All listed customized services & products are for research use only, not intended for pharmaceutical, diagnostic, therapeutic or any in vivo human use.